My Dearest Phamaly Family,
I am extremely proud and grateful to be a member of the Phamaly community, and I am honored to have been the organization’s Managing Director for the last five years. I also understand that one of the best things a leader can do for an organization is to know when it is time to pass the baton. I am writing today to let you know I will be transitioning out of my role at Phamaly. I view this transition as a wonderful opportunity for the organization to seek new energy and ideas.
We have been able to accomplish an incredible amount during my time at Phamaly, including:
- Increasing our staff from 2.75 FTEs to 6 FTEs and moving into a new administrative office space;
- Building on Phamaly’s founding principle of inclusion to create our Commitment to Justice, Equity, and Access Statement; to develop our Grounding Statement; and to work to be an anti-racist organization;
- Adapting and adjusting to continue performing throughout COVID-19, while also maintaining Phamaly’s full staff and keeping the safety of our artists and audiences our top priority;
- Traveling to Japan to perform at the Toshima-Ku Art and Culture Theatre in Tokyo and to New York to perform at Queens Theatre; and
- Weathering the pandemic to be financially stronger and more stable than at any time in the organization’s history.
We could not have done any of the above without your support, and I want to personally thank you. Please know I will continue to support Phamaly in any way I can, Phamaly’s team will continue to work tirelessly, and the Board of Directors is currently conducting a vigorous hiring process to fill the position.
I hope to see you at the theatre.