AUDITION NOTICE: ALICE IN WONDERLAND
Phamaly Theatre Company will be holding general auditions for its summer 2020 production of ALICE IN WONDERLAND.
- Performers with disabilities of all race, ethnicity, and gender identities
- Youth and adult performers
- Non-equity actors (currently no plan for equity contracts at this time)
**All actors who audition for Phamaly must have a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).**
Audition Dates, Times, Location:
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 – 6-10pm
Wednesday, January 22, 2020 – 6-10pm
Auditions will be held at the DCPA Newman Education Building, 1101 13th Street, Denver, CO 80204
Actor callbacks will be held Saturday, January 25, 2020 from 11am-4pm.
To Schedule an Audition:
- Auditions are by appointment only. To schedule an audition, please contact Darion Ramos, Company Production Manager, at 303-365-0005, extension 4. For actors who do not communicate verbally, you may e-mail Darion at email@example.com.
- Please specify any disability-related accommodations you may need for the audition.
- If leaving a voicemail, please leave your full name, phone number, and email address.
What to Prepare:
Auditioners are asked to prepare a 1-minute monologue AND 16-32 bars from a song of your choice. Actors are encouraged to pick material that has a hip hop vibe or strong rhythmic influence. Poetry is welcome. Actors are encouraged to make strong character choices akin to the big characters of Alice’s wonderland.
Alice in Wonderland
Directed by Regan Linton
Written by David Jacobi
Music soundtrack by Wheelchair Sports Camp
This is a new version of ALICE, adapted from the original Lewis Carroll novel ALICE’s ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND. Phamaly’s version will have a soundtrack created by Wheelchair Sports Camp. Music will be interspersed, and sung/rapped by different characters in collaboration with Kalyn Heffernan, the frontwoman of Wheelchair Sports Camp. It is an odd, engaging world with big characters including the White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, Caterpillar, Duchess, Red Queen, French Mouse, and more.
Rehearsals and Performances:
- Rehearsals begin May 30, 2020
- Rehearsals will be M, Tu, W, Th, F evenings and Saturdays
- Tech July 16-19 (including Sunday)
- Dress rehearsals July 20 and 21
- Previews July 22 and 23
- Opening July 24, 2020
- Closing August 9, 2020
- PLEASE REFER TO FULL PRODUCTION SCHEDULE FOR SPECIFIC QUESTIONS
Rehearsal Location: DCPA Newman Education Building
Performance Location: Space Theatre, DCPA