Play Salon Series
Phamaly is accepting submissions for actors wanting to volunteer to be part of our Play Reading Salon Series.
Phamaly’s Play Reading Salon
- Each reading will be hosted on Zoom by a director facilitating discussions about each play.
- Play readings will take place in July/early August, and each play will be read and discussed over the period of 2 or 3 days.
SIGN UP PROCESS:
- Please sign up using the emailme form.
- Actors should indicate which days they are available to participate in a reading.
- Based on availability and scheduling, actors will be assigned to a particular play and role (possibly more than 1).
- Deadline for sign-ups is Friday, June 26th
- Scripts will be distributed electronically in July prior to the readings. If you need an alternative format (hard copy, Braille, etc), please indicate in your sign-up form.
- If you are not assigned to a particular play that you are interested in hearing, there will be a separate RSVP available soon.
- If you have a preference to participate on a particular play, you may express your preference, but we cannot guarantee that you will get assigned to that play.
Blue Roses by Nicole Zimmerer - facilitated by Jack Reuler
A Nervous Smile by John Belluso - facilitated by Christy Montour Larson
The Hard Price by Tim Lord - facilitated by Jessica Kubzansky
Rehab Follies by Michaela Goldhaber - facilitated by Edith Weiss
A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry - facilitated by Craig Wallace
A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams - facilitated by Gregg Vigil
Wit by Margaret Edson - facilitated by Stacey D'Angelo
Sweat by Lynn Nottage - facilitated by Brian Balcom
The Philadelphia Story by Philip Barry - facilitated by Robert Michael Sanders
Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller - facilitated by M. Graham Smith
Angels in America by Tony Kushner - facilitated by Larissa Lury
In a Word by Lauren Yee - facilitated by Micheala Goldhaber
Wheels by Michaela Goldhaber - facilitated by Daniel Traylor
The Leader by Eugene Ionesco - facilitated by Daniel Traylor
Othello by William Shakespeare - facilitated by Steve Wilson
Phamaly Theatre Company will be holding general auditions for its 2020 webisode series, REWRITE.
- Non-Equity performers ages 16+ with disabilities of all race, ethnicity, and gender identities. (Performers under 16 may be considered…please contact us if you are interested.)
- All actors who audition for Phamaly must have a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Audition Dates, Time, Location: Tuesday, June 30th and Wednesday, July 1st
Auditions will be held virtually, via the Zoom platform. Phamaly will provide a Zoom link prior to the audition. If an auditioner is unable to access Zoom, video auditions will be accepted.
To Schedule an Audition: Auditions are by appointment – please contact Darion Ramos, Company Production Manager, at 702-493-0475 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Please specify any accessibility accommodations you may need for the audition. If leaving a voicemail, please leave your full name, phone number, and email address.
What to Prepare: After scheduling an appointment, you will be asked to prepare a side (scene) from the project. On the Zoom audition, you will have a reader who will be your scene partner. You may be asked to read the scene more than once. Please familiarize yourself with the text – memorization is not required.
**In-person filming (planned for August) will be orchestrated in strict accordance with COVID safety precautions to ensure the health and safety of the performers, including social distancing, mask-wearing, sanitizing, and any other precautions that are recommended at the time of filming. If you are not comfortable with in-person filming with comprehensive health and safety precautions, please indicate so at the time of your audition.**
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
REWRITE WEBISODE SERIES
Head Writer Jeremy Palmer
Episode Writers: Gregg Vigil, Lucy Roucis, Maggie Whittum, Toby Yount, Kevin Pettit, MacGregor Arney
Produced in partnership with Mitch Dickman and Listen Productions
This fall/winter Phamaly will be filming its third webseries, REWRITE. The episodes explore culturally relevant texts – including the Constitution, the Bible, and A Christmas Carol – in mockumentary style incorporating the disability perspective. The webisodes will be filmed in a variety of locations around the Denver area. The schedule for shooting the videos will be based on actor and crew availability in August. Participating in a webisode would require memorization of lines, and one day of location filming, most likely not to exceed a few hours.
Actors will receive a stipend for filming days.