|Thanks for your interest in acting with Phamaly Theatre Company!|
Auditions for A Midsummer Night's Dream and Indescribable will be held on April 29th & 30th, 2023.
Callbacks will be held on May 6th.
|A Midsummer Night’s Dream
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Shelly Gaza
A Partnership with The Silhouettes
Choreographed and Directed by
Twanna Latrice Hill and Lynne Waggoner-Patton
About the Project:
Phamaly Theatre Company, Denver’s premiere disability affirmative theatre company, will be holding general auditions for its Summer & Fall productions, A Midsummer Night’s Dream & Indescribable, on April 29th and 30th.
Phamaly is seeking:
- Non- Equity disabled local performers of all race, ethnicity, sexual orientations and gender identities
- All actors must be vaccinated against the Covid-19 Virus or have a medical exemption.
**As Phamaly is a disability affirmative theatre, all actors who submit for Phamaly must identify as having a disability. Performers are not required to disclose their specific disability or give any information on how they fit the ADA definition. Phamaly takes a non-hierarchal view of disability and there is no such thing as “less disabled” or “more disabled.” If you identify as having a disability, then you are welcome to audition**
Audition Dates: April 29th & 30th from 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Indescribable Callback: May 5th from 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Midsummer Callback: May 6th from 2:00 - 7:00
To Schedule an In-Person Audition:
· Auditions are by appointment only and are first come, first serve.
· To schedule an audition, please contact Ben Raanan at BRAANAN@phamaly.org or 303-365-0005.
· Please specify any disability-related accommodations you may need for the audition.
· If leaving a voicemail, please leave your full name, phone number, and email address.
To Send in a Video Audition:
· Please contact Ben Raanan at BRAANAN@Phamaly.org or 303-365-0005 to receive and fill out an online copy of the audition form.
· Please record audition materials with a traditional actor slate and send it in an unlisted YouTube link by April 28th.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream Show Information
Generally considered the most famous of Shakespeare’s comedies, A Midsummer Night’s Dream has been enchanting audiences for generations. Four young lovers, looking to escape their parents’ tyrannical rule, flee to a magical forest inhabited by two feuding fairies. Chaos ensues when the most mischievous fairy, Puck, makes a gravely comical mistake. Throw in a bumbling group of day laborers who fancy themselves famous actors and you’ve got yourself a party.
· Rehearsals begin Tuesday June 27th at 5:00pm
· All rehearsals will be in the Denver Metro area
· Rehearsals: Tuesday – Friday at 6p-10p, Saturdays at 12p-5p
· Tech: Friday 8/11 – 8/16
· Previews: Thursday 8/17 – Friday 8/18
· Opening: Saturday 8/19
· Closing: Saturday 9/2
$1250 one-time stipend
Roles to be Cast for Midsummer
Please note that all roles in A Midsummer Night’s Dream are open to any actors. Disabled actors of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations are encouraged to audition. No prior experience is necessary in order to audition.
o OBERON, King of the Fairies. Also plays Theseus. (he/him, plays 30 – 50)
o TITANIA, Queen of the Fairies. Also plays Hippolyta. (she/her, plays 30 – 50)
o LYSANDER (he/him, plays 18 – 24), a courtier in love with Hermia
o DEMETRIUS (he/him, plays 18 – 24), a courtier in love with Hermia
o HERMIA (she/her, plays 18 – 24), in love with Lysander
o HELENA (she/her, plays 18 – 24), in love with Demetrius
o EGEUS, father to Hermia (he/him, plays over 40)
o PUCK, a fairy in Oberon’s service. Also plays Philostrate. (any gender/any age)
o PETER QUINCE, a carpenter (any gender/plays any age 18+)
o NICK BOTTOM, a weaver (any gender, plays over 40)
o FRANCIS FLUTE, a bellows-mender (he/him, plays 18 – 24)
o TOM SNOUT, a tinker (he/him, plays 18 – 24)
o SNUG, a joiner (any gender/plays any age 18+)
o ROBIN STARVELING, a tailor (any gender/plays any age 18+)
o FIRST FAIRY, also plays PEASEBLOSSOM, in the service of Titania (she/her, any age)
o MUSTARDSEED, a fairy in service of Titania (she/her, any age)
Indescribable Show Information
Indescribable Show Synopsis:
Join your favorite disability theatre company as they collaborate with America’s Got Talent Season 6 runner ups, The Silhouettes, to produce the first ever epic dance production in the company’s history. Two children, Destiny and Amor, traverse the narrow seas on a pirate ship when a sudden storm destroys their vessel, separating the two friends. Determined to reach each other, the children go on a magical journey through enchanted islands, jungles, and oceans as they long to reconnect. Appropriate for all ages, this show will feature The Silhouettes’ exceptional brand of shadow-dance combined with Phamaly’s unique disability-affirming storytelling.
A Note on Indescribable:
This production is specifically a dance show. No prior dance knowledge is required as choreography will be tailored specifically to the bodies of the individuals. That being said, all rehearsals will be physical in nature and so it is important to evaluate if you are able to commit to a dance show full time.
Indescribable Rehearsals Dates:
Rehearsals begin October 3rd at 5:00pm
All rehearsals will be in the Denver Metro area
Rehearsals: Tuesday – Friday at 6p-10p, Saturdays at 12p-5p
Tech: Wednesday 11/1 – 11/2
Indescribable Performance Dates
Opening: Saturday 11/3
Closing: Saturday 11/5
Indescribable Stipend Information:
$1000 one time stipend
Roles to be Cast for Indescribable
Please note that all roles in Indescribable are open to any actors. Disabled actors of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, and sexual orientations are encouraged to audition. No prior experience is necessary in order to audition.
- DESTINY – A young girl in search of her best friend, Amor. (Female identifying, singer/dancer/actor)
- AMOR – A young boy in search of his best friend, Destiny. (Male identifying, dancer/actor)
- FIN 1 & FIN 2 – A shark who has been shunned by the community because their fin is different than other sharks. (Two actors, any gender, childlike or small in stature)
- EL CAPITAN – The captain of the ship prior to a rainstorm. Loves rum. Has a commanding presence. (Any gender)
- CHORUS OF DANCERS – Two dancers who will be part of the dancing ensemble with the Silhouettes (Any gender)