Alice in Wonderland RECAST Auditions
Phamaly Theatre Company will be RECASTING some roles for their summer 2021 production of ALICE IN WONDERLAND.
• Local performers with disabilities of all race, ethnicity, and gender identities. **All actors who audition for Phamaly must have a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).**
• Due to COVID-19, we are currently only seeking performers age 16+ who are fully vaccinated for COVID, or have a plan to be fully vaccinated before June 1.
Audition Dates, Times, Location:
Tuesday, April 27th - 2:30p - 6:30p MST
Auditions will be scheduled for a 10-minute slot via Zoom. A link will be sent out prior to your audition.
Available roles include:
Dormouse, Lorna, Queen's Card/Ensemble
What to Prepare:
Upon scheduling an audition slot, auditioners will be given scenes from the show to read during their audition. Please ALSO prepare approximately 30-60 seconds of a song or rap of your choosing (pop or musical theatre) that has a distinct rhythm. You may perform it a cappella or provide your own accompaniment.
Alice in Wonderland
Directed by Regan Linton
Written by David Jacobi
Music soundtrack by Wheelchair Sports Camp
This is a new version of ALICE, adapted from the original Lewis Carroll novel ALICE’s ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND. Phamaly’s version will have a soundtrack created by Wheelchair Sports Camp. Music will be interspersed, and sung/rapped by different characters in collaboration with Kalyn Heffernan, the frontwoman of Wheelchair Sports Camp. It is an odd, engaging world with big characters including the White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, Caterpillar, Duchess, Red Queen, French Mouse, and more.
Rehearsals and Performances:
• Rehearsals begin June 21, 2021
• Rehearsals will be weekday evenings and Saturday afternoons. We will alternate between Monday and Friday off days. Sunday we will always be off during the rehearsal process.
• Tech August 7 and 8 (including Sunday)
• Dress rehearsals August 10 and 11, 2021
• Previews August 12 and 13, 2021
• Opening August 14, 2021
• Closing September 5, 2021
• PLEASE REFER TO FULL PRODUCTION SCHEDULE FOR SPECIFIC QUESTIONS
Rehearsal Location: DCPA Newman Education Building AND Su Teatro
Performance Location: Su Teatro