Marketing and Communications Manager
Phamaly Theatre Company, Denver, Colorado
Position Status: Full-time
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary Range: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00, commensurate with experience
Phamaly Theatre Company is a premiere disability-affirmative theatre organization. Since 1989, Phamaly has been a home for theatre artists with disabilities and leads the field nationally in accessible theatre practices. Phamaly works from the core values of adaptation and professionalism, with an emphasis on authenticity, innovation, and humor. Phamaly strives to model a theatre process for future generations where inclusivity, equity, accessibility, and creativity are prioritized in artistic process.
The Marketing and Communications Manager works closely with the Managing Director, the Artistic Director, and the staff to ensure the organization has consistent messaging and communication to its community stakeholders. The Marketing and Communications Manager focuses on building brand awareness, coordinating social media and public relations, supporting development and special events, and assisting with administrative functions.
Marketing & Communications
- Work with Artistic Director and Managing Director to create and manage annual marketing plan.
- Monitor marketing budget for the full season, individual productions, and institutional marketing.
- Coordinate media buys with local outlets and manage needs throughout season/year.
- Oversee the design process for season artwork, working closely with the Artistic Director, Managing Director, and designer(s).
- Coordinate all collateral and design needs for productions, special events, and institutional marketing.
- Ensure brand standards on all materials.
- Communicate with partners to ensure proper logo use, photography, and organization messaging.
- Assist Managing Director with sponsorship and community partnership fulfillment, including reporting updates, as needed.
- Create promotional e-blasts highlighting Phamaly and incorporating needed communications.
- Maintain a regular presence on Phamaly’s social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Coordinate social media campaigns for productions, fundraisers/fundraising programs, and other programming, to encourage engagement.
- Maintain Phamaly’s website, creating new pages (i.e. for productions, fundraisers/fundraising programs, and other programming) and updating it, as needed.
- Oversee the annual report design process, coordinating with staff and designers.
- Work with Managing Director to coordinate annual campaign mailing(s).
- Work with Managing Director to conceptualize, effectively market, and plan special events, as needed.
- Evaluate current and potential marketing campaigns to gauge effectiveness.
- Manage all media inquiries, coordinating interviews and filming, as needed.
- Write and disseminate press releases for productions and organization announcements.
- Maintain media contact list.
- Establish and maintain relationships with reporters/media.
- Coordinate press seats for productions, as needed.
- Coordinate photography and video needs, both for marketing and development.
- Schedule and manage actor participation in PR activities.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree marketing or communications, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ year experience in marketing, communications, and/or public relations.
- Understanding of non-profit and/or arts sector.
- Experience in working with a small team to meet organizational goals.
- Knowledge of marketing tactics, planning, and execution to meet performance objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; high level of customer service.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- High technology fluency.
Desirable, But Not Essential:
- MBA or other graduate degree desirable, but not essential.
- Knowledge of theatre and arts organizations.
- Knowledge of the disability community.
- Knowledge of accessibility practices in marketing.
- Community contacts and relationships and the ability to create strategic partnerships.
Please email cover letter and resume with the subject line, “Marketing and Communications Manager Position,” to Sasha Hutchings at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis. The position will remain open until filled.
**As a disability-affirmative theatre company, Phamaly encourages individuals with disabilities to apply. Phamaly prioritizes adaptability and a human-centric work environment. We are happy to consider adjustments to the job responsibilities to ensure the right candidate will be successful.
Phamaly will take on interns on a case-by-case basis. If you are interested in an internship with Phamaly please email email@example.com with subject line Internship and include a resume and cover letter which explains what sort of opportunity you are looking for. Please be aware at this time Phamaly is not seeking paid internships and cannot provide housing.